What is Basal Body Temperature
Basal body temperature is the lowest body temperature when you’re totally relaxed. Theoretically, a body temperature of a healthy person is between 36 and 37 ° C. Basal Body temperature is lower among women in the first than in the second half of a menstrual cycle, and this change occurs just during ovulation when their temperature changes from lower to higher values.
Therefore, with regular and daily measurement of basal body temperature women can precisely predict their ovulation. Changes in temperature are not so large, generally only 0,1 ° C. To measure such small change you’ll need a basal body thermometer.
How to properly measure the basal temperature?
Here are the steps on how to properly measure your basal body temperature:
- Measure temperature for 5 minutes immediately after waking up, so before getting up.
- You can measure your temperature orally, rectally or vaginally, whatever you choose you should hold thermometer every day at the same place.
- Write down the measured temperature (you can make your own basal body temperature chart or get one from your gynecologist). If the measured temperature is significantly different from previous ones, especially if it is lower, shake the thermometer and measure your temperature again.
- If temperatures rise by 0.4-0.5 degree F above the previous level, and if the increase is not occurring due to cold or other illness, it is likely you’re ovulating. The ovulation is more likely if the increase was approximately 14 days before the next expected menstrual period, or if you noted increase in temperature on the same day in the previous cycle. In many cases, the temperature returns to normal within a day.
- If you measure temperature exactly as specified, it is very likely that you will successfully determine the day of ovulation If you’re trying to get pregnant it is advisable to have intercourse within 24 hours after the fall of temperature or within 24 hours from the time you recorded an increase, because that’s when your chances of getting pregnant are high.
- To make this measurement reliable you must measure temperature for at least two cycles. Using measurements during those two cycles, you’ll probably be able to predict when you’ll have the highest temperature during the next cycle.
Note: Abstaining from sexual intercourse for several days before ovulation will enable your partner to build up sufficient semen and thus increase the possibility of fertilization. It’s enough to have intercourse just once during 24 hours. 
My name is Naomi,I want to conceive a boy .my last period was 5/5/2019..what are my fertile days
Hi there Naomi, click here to discover some tips on how to conceive a baby boy.
I saw my period on July 10th, 5days period length and 27 days period cycle. I had unprotected sex on 23,24 and 25th July. How possible am I Going to be PREGNANT. I am having breast tenderness now. could this be a sign of period or Pregnancy?
Hi, your fertile period would have been from the 19th to the 23rd of July with that length cycle. So you could be pregnant. Wait until you miss your period, if you do, to take a test.
Want to know my most fertile days when i can conceive a baby boy. My last periods was on 14 june 2018.
Hi Arora, based on the calculator found here your fertile period would have been June 24th to the 28th. Based on some methods, having sex at the beginning of your fertile period gives you the best chance of having a boy. However, it’s still always going to be a 50/50 chance. Check out the calculator at the link and see your fertile periods.
My Last Period date is 4th march, now I want a boy baby. Please tell me what will be the perfect date for me??
Hello Susmita, please use the below link to determine this:
my menstrual cycle 38 days .. and i have done intercourse last 9th and 11th of March… what could be the result? plz reply
Hi Susmita, If your cycle is 38 days, then at that time, you would most likely not have a result of a pregnancy. You can check the calculator as recommended at the following link https://womanjunction.com . According to the calculator your most fertile days would be the 24th through the 28th of this month.
My name is Maryann I want a male child my last period was on 8th February my cycle is 30 which day is OK for sexual inter course please help me
Hi there Ifunanya, please use this link to help you: https://womanjunction.com/tips-conceive-boy/
I want to know when I can conceive a baby girl…my last period was 27 October and I had unprotected sex 9 November. Am I safe to be pregnant or not…and what’s my chance of female child?
Hello Fiona, the below link can help you with this:
I want to concieve a baby boy my LMP was 02.08 and it lasts for 3 days. Cycle is 36 days..
Hello there Giveness Obadia, see link below with tips on how to conceive a baby boy: https://womanjunction.com/tips-conceive-boy/
Hi, I am Leah I want to conceive a baby boy, my last MP lasted 3 days on 8th to 11th July, please help.
Hello Leah, please use the following link to help you with this: https://womanjunction.com/tips-conceive-boy/
I want to conceive twins
Hi,I am 32 yrs old. Now I want to be conceive a baby boy and my last period is 25th June 17 n my cycle is 26 ….please help me
Hello Rosey, see the following link and click to read. I hope it helps: https://womanjunction.com/tips-conceive-boy/
I usually have my periods on the the 25th of every month which lasts for 3 days but last month I had my periods on the 30 and I lasted for 6 days
Hello there Clementine, this indicates a slight irregularity.
Please, I have 31days cycle, when I’m I likely to have a boy baby
Hi there Chioma, please see link below to help you with this:
My LMP was 8th June 2017.I had a intercourse on 18th June after 12 midnight. Can I get pregnant with a baby boy?
Hi there Sonalidas, please see link below to help you to conceive a baby boy.
I want boy baby ,which dates are suitable for intercourse,my last period is June 4 2017, my DOB is Jan 15 1992.
Hello there Ramya, please see link below which contains tips on how to conceive a baby boy:
Want to know my most fertile days when i can conceive a boy . My last periods was on 20th april to 24 april.
please how much is the ovulation predictor kit?
the price varies, it can go from $20 to $300, depending on different factors. for the best prices visit amazon.com and pick the one that suits your budget (also read the customer reviews)